Please review the following information before your procedure. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact us!
BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
- Any special lab work or X-rays necessary for your procedure will be arranged by your physician prior to the date of your procedure.
- If you have an infection, fever or noticeable change in your health since your last office visit, inform your doctor before you arrive at the Surgery Center.
- Eat a light supper on the day before your procedure.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT.
(This includes candy, water, coffee, chewing gum, etc.) If you eat or drink anything, your procedure will be canceled and rescheduled. Prescription medications authorized by your physician may be taken with a small sip of water.
- Follow all specific instructions given by your physician.
- If possible, refrain from using tobacco at least refrain 24 hours prior to procedure.
The above guidelines are for general anesthesia cases. However, if you are scheduled for local anesthesia, these guidelines should also be followed unless otherwise directed by your physician or the Surgery Center staff.
FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
- A family member or friend must accompany you to and from the surgery center.
- YOU MAY NOT DRIVE AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE.
- Public transportation should NOT be used.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to change into after your procedure. Depending on the type of procedure, you may be allowed to leave on your socks and underpants.
- All valuables should be left at home.
- Contact lenses may not be worn. Please bring your lens case.
- Bring a list of the medications you are currently taking.
- Bring your insurance/Medicare/Medicaid card with you, even if you have already provided this information by phone.
AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- Your condition will be closely monitored by staff professionals.
- When you can move about, you will be allowed to sit up and
- Visit with a family member or friend.
- You will remain in Recovery until your physician feels you are able to be discharged.
- Specifc instructions prepared by your physician will be sent home with you.
- In the unlikely event that your physician feels extended care is needed, provisions can be made to arrange overnight care in a local hospital of your choice.
FOR 24 HOURS AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- DO NOT drive or operate machinery.
- DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages.
- Closely follow your physician’s instructions after your procedure.
- If you have any questions about your procedure, please call your personal physician for details.
- We will call you at home to ensure you are doing well following your procedure.
The surgeons in this practice have some ownership in Arkansas Outpatient Surgery Center. We respect the rights of our patients to choose not only their surgeon but also where they wish to have their surgery or procedure performed.